Destination vacations are a wonderful way to explore the United States. After all, a destination does not have to be in another country. While a tropical island may be appealing, sometimes it is best to explore what is in your own backyard. This is true for those who love their wine and beer. While a trip to Paris or Germany may appeal, it is not only easier on your pocketbook and a treat for your taste buds to explore locally – particularly if your destination is Northern Michigan where Wine and Beer Tours will see the dreams of all beer and wine lovers come alive.
Why Traverse City Tours?
It is true that you can take part in wine tours of the Napa Valley. It is also true you can head to some of the major beer producers in Portland, Oregon or Boston Massachusetts. Yet, neither of these regions can offer you the chance to truly allow you to enjoy the best of both worlds. With Traverse City tours, you can combine breweries and wineries. This is the perfect mix for couples and individual who like both or are split in their preference. Why fight about where to go on such a destination vacation when both can be satisfied.
Yet, it is not solely the chance to explore the wine trails and/or toss back a few brews that entices people to return to Traverse City. This region of Northern Michigan. The scenery is truly impressive. As you wander along the wine trails, you can enjoy the sights of some of the state’s most beautiful land and sea scape. Wine and Beer Tours allow you the chance to see:
- The glittering blue waters of Lake Michigan and Grand Traverse Bay
- Freshwater sand dunes – particularly the famous ones known as Sleeping Bear Dunes
- Breathtaking views of the coastline
- Traverse City beaches with visitors and residences alike enjoying the swimming, fishing and other summertime sports
- Forested hills provide hiking and biking trails
The scenery alone is one reason to sign up for wine and beer Traverse tours.
Traverse City Wine and Beer Tours: Wineries and Breweries
Traverse City Wine and Beer tours combine the best of both worlds. They allow you to explore what many of the region’s finest wineries and local breweries have to offer. You can make the following part of your trip:
- BOWERS HARBOR VINEYARDS: Our family at Bowers Harbor Vineyards invites you to explore the epic views of Lake Michigan and sample our award winning varietal wines. We are a boutique winery located in Northern Michigan on picturesque Old Mission Peninsula. Our cool-climate viticulture experience coupled with our hard work proves to produce superior quality Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc, and our signature meritage blend the 2896, Langley Vineyard. A visit to our quaint tasting room will afford you the opportunity to taste our sparkling wines, red wines, white wines, and view the quiet loveliness of Bowers Harbor. Wine tasting is comfortable and inviting at Bowers Harbor Vineyards; no need to be intimidated!
- Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery: Like many of us, our histories begin with our dreams fueling a way of life. Originally from the Detroit area, Walter and Eileen Brys visited the Napa Valley in the 1970’s as part of a business trip when Walter worked for Blue Cross of Michigan shortly after they were married. They immediately fell in love with the vineyard and winery concept and spent the next 30 years dreaming about someday starting a vineyard and winery. During those 30 years, Walter’s career in real-estate development took the family to Houston, Texas, where Walt, Eileen, a stay-at-home mom, and their three children, Katie, Patrick and Stephanie lived until 1998 when Walt and Eileen became empty-nesters. About that time, Walt retired from his real estate development career and the couple relocated to Florida to begin their early retirement. They quickly realized that retirement was not for them and they began thinking about their 30-year dream of starting a vineyard and winery. They began traveling the country searching for the ideal vineyard land as well as an ideal location to call “home.”
- Black Star Farms: This winery produces varietal brandies and wines distinguished for their acidity and balance.
- Workshop Brewing Company: This brewing company operate on a motto of Nature. Community. Craft.
- RIGHT BRAIN BREWERY: Our stunning new location is completely renovated and updated warehouse dating back more than 50 years. We’ve worked hard to reclaim and re-use as much of the old building as possible, while at the same time creating a warm and inviting atmosphere suitable for beer drinking and conversation. Our beer selection is constantly rotating and at any time we have between 15 & 25 Michigan made craft beers on tap. (We only serve our own beer, and that’s the way we like it.) Our very own ‘Chef Mike’ is constantly adding new creations to a new food menu. One word… Waffles! Try some fresh made guacamole, salsa, or even the Brainfood Cheese Tray. The coup de gras would be one of our signature Waffle Sandwiches! In addition to serving a selection of locally made wines and ciders, we also have soda pop from Northwoods Soda.
If you want to combine the best of both beverage worlds, the answer is in Traverse City, Northern Michigan. Here, you can sit back and enjoy the scenery while drinking a glass of fine Pinot Noir or Bellaire Brown. It is all yours when you decide to sign up for the best Traverse City tours.