2016: An Incredible Year for Smiles and Wine
2016 was one of the best years yet for Traverse City Wine and Beer Tours. We were so fortunate to have more tours than ever, meaning we got to welcome more people coming to Traverse City, as well as see folks who have toured with us in years past return to see us again. There is nothing more rewarding for us than driving a group of friends around Traverse City’s best wineries on a beautiful, sunny day. With 2016 being such a special year for us, it’s difficult to see what we’d change in 2017. Honestly, we’d be greedy to ask for anything more in 2017. However, there certainly some things we’re already getting excited for in 2017. Here are just a few.
- Ice wine – With that cold snap in December, several wineries were able to harvest completely frozen grapes, the crucial ingredient for producing ice wine. Ice wine is a treat here in Northern Michigan and we can’t wait to see what the vineyards are able to produce. Also, hats off to the brave vineyard workers who harvested these grapes in temperatures that were well below freezing in early December.
- Summer -Yes, winter is special for a lot of reasons and there’s so much to do in Northern Michigan during the winter months. But for us, summer is the most special time of year. I simply can’t wait for the first sunny day in the 70s. Nothing beats the sun, the sand, and a glass of wine.
- Visiting Sleeping Bear – Taking tours to the Sleeping Bear Dunes is one of the best tours to drive for, and our drivers always scramble to volunteer to drive those tours in the summer. Why? Well, if you’ve never visited the dunes, it’s about time. The Sleeping Bear Dunes are a Northern Michigan treasure, offering views of Lake Michigan that you just can’t find anywhere else. If you’ve never been, 2017 is the year to make it happen.
- More Pictures – We want to see more pictures of our smiling guests in 2017! Tag us in your Instagram posts and post your best snaps to our Facebook page. There are so many stunning sights and views in Northern Michigan and our guests seem to have a knack for getting incredible pictures of the sunsets, the dunes, the vines, and their friends enjoying themselves on a wine tasting tour. We simply can’t get enough of the smiles. Keep them coming!
- Adventures – Surprise birthday wine tour? Awesome. Bachelorette weekend getaway with the gals? Brilliant. Thirtieth wedding anniversary celebration by kayak? So cool. We’re so excited to be part of your adventures in 2017. It’s an honor to be part of your plans and to help you make the most of your time in Northern Michigan. We hope that in 2017 you dream big for your Traverse City wine or beer tour. And we hope you let us know how we can help to make it as special as possible.
Thank You for a Wonderful Year
From everyone at Traverse City Wine and Beer Tours, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for a wonderful 2016. We’re looking forward to making 2017 even more special!Traverse City Wine and Beer Tours is the premiere wine tasting transportation service in Northern Michigan. With Join In and Private tours available all year long, we’re your ride anytime! Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter to see why your next Traverse City getaway should include a wine and beer tour with us.